When you’re in business, there are so many matters to deal with that it can get quite overwhelming sometimes.
Matters such as:
- what structure should you have?
- where are you going to work from?
- who are your clients?
- do you need stationery and/or a website?
- what legal documents do you need?
- how do you market yourself?
- should you brush up your networking skills?
- how do you close sales?
- do you have the materials to make your products?
- do you have the skills for the service you are offering?
- do you need insurances?
- what software do you need?
- how are you going to cope with the admin?
- what about staffing?
- should you buy or lease equipment?
- what about your finance and accounting?
- do you have enough cash?
- do you know how to make a profit?
It can be tempting to focus on the ‘nice’ things and put the tricky parts into the Too Hard Basket. Or you might decide to outsource parts of it.
The key thing to remember is that ALL the parts create your business. They interrelate. If one part goes out of sequence or out of balance, it can upset the whole.
Being able to see beyond the immediate point of focus, will really help you to manage your business. Focus in one area too much and you risk upsetting the others.
News, opinions, information and first-hand experiences.